Monday 11 August 2008

Farm Fest







Yesterday when we arrived in Riverland we went straight to a harvest fest at this eco-farm near the grandfolks village. I'd slept only 45 minutes in the car so I was still a bit wasted but boy was I impressed by the taste of farm life! We got lots of treats like local super fruit and there were tons of tractors and other big-wheeled farming machines. There were pretty horse carriages and a huge hey barn especially for kids to play in with a section for cuddling rabbits and other baby animals. Mom and grandma were distracted by all the demonstrations and displays of vintage farm life crafts -I must say the traditionally dressed goose shepherdesses were very cute- but I was more interested in checking out all the giant wheels and getting dirty.

1 comment:

Ella said...

Happy in nature!
Ella