Tuesday 28 April 2009

Birthday Triatlon










Phew we just recovered from all my birthday celebrations. It started on Friday morning with our living room full of balloons and birthday presents. I got the sweetest handmade 'bear' desk with it's drawers filled with little presents like water paint and a miniature "Tanja" (my favorite hippo from the Zoo). Then we celebrated my birthday at daycare with cake and rice-whipped cream and sprinkles and lots of singing. After daycare mom brought 'papa Theo' and Nolan and we pick nicked at the kiddie farm and I got lots of new Lego and a bunny and we had lots of fun. Back home a friend of mom dropped by with a set of 5 Ferrari's so we flipped the rug to the side and had a cool car racing party until bedtime.
The next day we did some shopping and went to the playground for some soccer as usual but when I (finally) woke up from my noon-nap the garden was filled with mom's friends and their kids and we partied until 21.00 and I got so many super cool presents like really amazing books, a Klavers van Engelen couture piece and Nijntje markers ... I woke up again in the middle of the night because I was too excited and wanted to play with all of it. Auntie Esmee had backed the prettiest birthday cake for me and little Tesla and I had fries and chips and nothing but 'bad food'.
After sleeping in on Sunday we had to pack -slightly hung over- and head to the grand folks in Riverland for yet another birthday party with family and neighbors. A little nap in the car was hardly enough for me to deal with even more presents like this super duper bike from grandma and grandpa and even more Lego and this amazing beach tent. At the end of the day I totally crashed in grandpa's lap watching Barbapappa on tv.
Barely back to my normal self we will have this crazy Queensday fleamarket this Thrusday so we'll get back to you soon with more party hardy pics! Thanks everyone for an unforgettable 2nd birthday bash and all the sweet cards and presents and treats and fun!

No comments: